Monday 30 September 2013

Zip A Dee Doodle


During this month we have seen some great counterfeits of the new CHA releases from our Design Team.

Now it's my turn and I have chosen the fabulous 

Zip-A-Dee Doodle from Bo Bunny

The reason I chose this new collection is partly because I needed to get out of my comfort zone and attempt something new and I also love the colours.
I have always shied away from doodling and drawing on my projects because I'm really not very good at it so what better place to start than with a whole kit based upon it!

The idea is to counterfeit one paper pack and 5 embellishments.
 Here are my choices...



and here are my forgeries...



 Top left - created by dabbing black paint through a stencil and then adding white on top of a few of the dots.
Top Right - black pen through a stencil
Bottom left - Dug out a forgotten "paisley" stamp and used Promarkers to colour
Bottom right - freehand drawn zigzags and Promarkers for colouring
Top (and my favourite) - fine liner used to doodle then once again those Promarkers






All created from scratch apart from the gems.
Using stamps, freehand doodling, dies and punches I have created some of the embellishments from the collection
So there we have it my forged CHA kit.

What have you avoided doing because you don't think you can?
Mine was doodling but I can honestly say that taking myself out of that comfort has made me realise than I can do it - just!!!






6 comments:

  1. Beautiful kit, love your papers !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, your kit is beautiful! Makes me what to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. incredible doodling. brilliant kit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, you rocked this one!!! Fabulous job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I like your forgeries more than the original designs! And that's saying a lot because I really liked that collection!! Great job on the counterfeiting :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me some love!