Tuesday 3 September 2013

Back in the Zone


After 3 weeks away, the coming home, the washing, the unpacking etc have taken priority.
While we were away my wonderful Daddy came over and decorated the hall, stairs and landing as well as the kitchen and utility room so I am now determined to keep everywhere tidy and clutter free.

Just one problem - the amount of stash I brought home from the likes of Michael's, Joann and Hobby Lobby meant that I couldn't possibly start to scrap until I'd found a home for everything.

That done and with a tidy desk I can now enjoy my new goodies but first I have my massive 
September CKCB "Road Trip" Kit to devour.
I put this together in order to use my holiday photos but as those haven't even been sorted, never mind printed, yet, I will be using up my photo pile first.

So here are my first two layouts using my kit.



The first is another of those from our family photo shoot. I love the look on Dad's face as she gives the "attitude" look - she's a good girl really!

The second is a photo of our wedding rose. It was planted on our wedding day in the garden of our old house, it has been dug up a few times and moved elsewhere but still flowers beautifully around our anniversary. Even though my kit is extra large this month, I did have to add the washi for this layout.


11 comments:

  1. Great layout, thats a beautiful story about the rose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun photos :)Love your layouts, great little details.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you used the hex mask & the counterfeit doily cloud paper - fab!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both layouts are lovely.The family one is especially clever.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful layouts! I really love the hearts on the second one

    ReplyDelete
  6. I especially love the first layout with the fresh colors, love how this white background makes the photos pop, love the feeling of this page with the colors you chose !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the rose story - you are so soppy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love them both and brought a tear to my eye with the rose :,) So sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. OH how sweet. Love your wedding rose. We were married at Christmas and planted pine trees. We have dug them up to move along with us, too. Such a sweet layout. And thanks again for your tutorial contribution. Those polaroids are FAB!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me some love!