Thursday 12 September 2013

Chalk about Memories!


Chalkboard! Hmmm!

When I saw this Counterfeit Kit challenge I have to admit that I wasn't too sure what I was going to do.

I'm not really a big chalkboard fan as chalk and blackboards takes me back to some slightly worrying Primary School times.
In the last year of Primary our teacher, Mr Parry, would throw not only chalk across the room but also the wooden chalk rubber. A few times that wooden rubber would skim past my head as it was aimed at the naughty boys in front of me (honest!)
As the teacher had his desk at the back of the class, there was no way to even duck as you never knew when it would be launched.
Thankfully it never hit me.
 Can you imagine the uproar if teachers threw things at their pupils these days?

Anyway, I digress.
My "Road Trip" kit, although I hadn't realised, contained a few things that could be classed as "chalkboard" including, alphas and papers so I set to work creating a layout using those items.
I also used my kit masks and white chalk pad to create more chalk effect although it is quite hard to see in the pictures.

After four hours of changing photos, papers, embellishments and just about everything else, I finally came up with a page that I like.
I am so proud to have two parents that still love and care about each after 51 years of marriage.
The photograph is from last year when they celebrated their Golden Anniversary.



Don't forget to link up with your creations


6 comments:

  1. I love the design of your layout ! Such a beautiful love...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it funny how when we troll through our kits we are able to answer any challenge? I think that is another wonderful aspect of this blog. Indeed a beautiful tribute page to their lifelong love! A fave...

    ReplyDelete
  3. A wonderful layout and a great marriage. Mine were married for 55 years.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Leslie about how interesting it is that our kits have such multiple personalities! I come up with colour combos sometimes that I would never have imagined possible when I pulled the kit together. This is such a lovely layout and how lovely to have that relationship in the family - *sigh* - makes me happy.
    And really, your layout is beautifully designed. I love the contrast of those aqua alphas against all the black and white

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL thanks for sharing your story about Mr. Parry. I'm sure it wasn't funny at the time, but hearing about this affinity for throwing things gave me a chuckle. Love your layout, great interpretation of the challenge! And happy anniversary to your parents, 51 years is a long time!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me some love!