Saturday 14 September 2013

Sorting the Scraps


If you've been reading my blog you will know that I've been sorting out my craft room.
When I moved in here last year I only had time to throw things in where they would fit and didn't really get a chance to have a good "sort" - until now.

I've been getting fed up with knocking things over every time I move, not being able to find things and having to move other things to get to the items I use regularly.
Enough was enough and in between scrapping I've been having that much needed sort out.

Yesterday, amongst other things was to sort out the little bits of scrap paper that pile up so very quickly.
I have a box for the big bits and a small set of plastic drawers for the smaller pieces.
I sorted through the 3 drawers and whittled it down to one drawer before punching nearly 100 Martha Stewart butterflies


to make 20 "Thank You" and "Hello" cards which have now been added to my ready card made collection.
One "thank you" card has already been sent to a lovely gentleman we met in the USA.


How do you use your scraps or do you just throw them away?

7 comments:

  1. love those. Simple yet very effective.

    Hope you & the family are keeping well x

    ReplyDelete
  2. love those. Simple yet very effective.

    Hope you & the family are keeping well x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a good idea and pretty cards !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards. At the moment I'm using my scraps to make 'christmas favours' for the kids :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards. At the moment I'm using my scraps to make 'christmas favours' for the kids :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I can relate to bumping into things and having them fall over. I do use my scraps, but bits at a time. I have never sat and had a wholesale punchfest. I might have to try that, goodness knows I have plenty of stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I meant to say plenty of punches.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me some love!