Wednesday 24 April 2013

Inspired by Spring


You may have just stumbled upon me, be a regular reader or be on the CKCB April Blog Hop.
If you have missed the start of the hop please click HERE so you don't miss out!
So hopefully you will have hopped from
 Leslie's
blog post and I hope I can provide you with some further inspiration.

The Counterfeit Kit Challenge this month was to be inspired by this beautiful picture of Spring.



At the time of the CKCB post, we weren't having much of a Spring  but I can happily report that the UK weather is improving.
Inspired by the road and the colours, here's the story and the layout that emerged from it.
We were on a jet boat trip headed up river on a scorching hot day. 
The river was very windy and the pilot would anchor on his brakes to create a huge splash over the boat to cool us down. 360 degree spins in close proximity to rocks were also a trick of his.
On the way back down, the pilot slowed to avoid splashing a family at the riverside.
Great cheers rang out as it became apparent that "Granny" was standing on the boat ramp, knickers down, peeing into the river!!!



So, can you see where my inspiration came from?

Leave me a comment and let me know before hopping over to Rebecca's blog for more.

Thank you for stopping by, until next time...

(Here's the full list just in case you get lost)

 CKCB              http://www.counterfeitkitchallenge.blogspot.com/
Lisa H     http://lisahausmann.blogspot.com
 Leslie             http://lcsmithsaved-outofthemire.blogspot.com/

Lisa E             http://lisae-design.blogspot.com





15 comments:

  1. Yes I can definitely see where your inspiration came from - beautifully interpreted!! I like that you are using cropped photos - I am working with some right now - the change in shape is a fun challenge in itself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely page as usual. I don't know about you but I think spring came yesterday and has gone again. Pouring with rain here.

    Hope you are keeping well x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this page I like the freshness of it and that is what I think is the essence of the photo inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is such a fun story and a clever page. It is great to see how we all took the photo different ways and different degrees of being literal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good flow on this layout. I hope you include the story. Maybe on the back?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the story telling and cool layout.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving the artistic goodness on here - def fresh! Agree with Sassy about the story.

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a fun story. I love the dotty treatment on the top left of your layout.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great story and it sounded like so much fun! Loved the "waves" you created!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great page! And great story too:) So glad you're going to join me in UKS challenges for May. X (linda321) Off to look at the other blogs in the hop!

    ReplyDelete
  11. loving the background, great layout

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous page :0) Hooray for sunny days eh? Love that background...is it stamped?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your photos and how you've done your background

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOVE the background you've made ... *nearly* enough to convert me to mists and stencils!
    Thanks for your company today - ACE :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can really see the inspiration and I love the background you've created there with the misting and the stencils and the hexagons - all work so well with those fun photos. Sounds like a great day!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me some love!