Sunday 9 February 2014

Yikes - But I'm a Control Freak!

So how can I possibly join in with today's LOAD...
Myth or reality: scrapbooking means you are in charge always
Not being in control of my own scrapbooking is like not being in charge of my own bodily functions!
Here's where my daughter comes in, 
I gave her a selection of 13 B&W photos to choose from (considering I didn't know her colour combo choice I thought B&W options would be better)
 and
I also gave her a choice of the two sketches that are sitting in my "challenges" picture file and two mood boards that are also sitting in that same file.
Her choices...

My layout qualifies for two challenges...
Life Paper Scrapbook February Sketch Challenge
and
Challenge #3 over at Challenge YOUrself 
Create a layout about someone you love using this color combo
and include a photograph of yourself.

I know I've used this photo before but isn't it just too cute not to?
 My journalling...
If I could have more time with you
I would tell you that I love you,
listen carefully to the stories
you had to tell,
spend more time with you
and
laugh with you.
Most of all
if I could have more time with you
I would cherish every
single minute I spend with you
because today you’re not here
and I’m too late to hear
your stories.
I love this photo of me and you,
I think our love for
each other shows,
I only wish I’d had the chance
 to tell you
xoxo


Before I go today,
I would also like to welcome "gma" as my newest follower
I get sooooo excited when that ticker goes up :)



 

13 comments:

  1. Love how you approached the problem of giving control away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! I wish my daughter would help me scrap again. Your layout turned out beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  3. first thing monday morning and you've got me crying! Beautiful layout

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah that is gorgeous hun, I love the photo and the journalling - simply beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely love that photo, so much! Your layout uses the theme and the colors from Challenge YOUrself perfectly, Lesley! Thank you so much for playing along with us! I really loved reading your heartfelt journaling and seeing your beautifully designed layout!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Leslie, this is so gorgeous! Your background is amazing and that is a beautiful photo! Love your little scrap game with your daughter ;) Worked out well!
    Thanks for joining us at Challenge YOUrself!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So beautiful, and the journaling was very nice. You definitely solved this color scheme perfectly!
    Thank you for sharing with us at Challenge YOUrself <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Great job with the color combo. I absolutely love your background. And yes, your photo is too cute! Thanks for joining in with us at Challenge Yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great way to take the decision of what to scrap and put it in the hands of someone else! You page is so pretty and the journaling is probably this sweetest thing I've read in a long time! Thanks for sharing your adorable page with us at Challenge Yourself. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh what a precious photo and your journalling so heartfelt...thanks for playing along at LPS :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my, look at all that texture! Fabulous! Thanks for playing with us at Challenge Yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an awesome way to choose a project! Love this!! Thanks for playing along with us at Challenge YOUrself!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Leslie is a great layout I really love how you use the color combo and that picture is fantastic. Thanks for palying along with us at Challenge YOUrself

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me some love!