Saturday 8 February 2014

Easy Journal Cards & More

This month I decided to forge a couple of things for my February Counterfeit Kit.
Firstly is the gorgeous "Alpha Love" 12x12 from the Cupid's Arrow Collection.
I used Craft Artist to add my letters etc then printed onto 12x12.
I also created the smaller 3"x4" version.
You can right click and save on either image below and print for your own use

12x12
3x4

I then decide that I didn't want to stop there so I found some odd bits of patterned paper to match my kit, cut to 3"x4" and created my version of the "Love Journal Cards"


Top left - added two strips of Washi then die cut the heart
Top Middle - 3 punched hearts
Top right - continuous stamping
Bottom left - corner stamp
Bottom middle - layered stickers, the heart is from the die cut above
Bottom right - letter stamps

I also forged those cute little bags...
 as, when I was looking through my stash to find journaling card, I came across this stamp (obviously filed in the wrong place)
I used acrylic paint on my stamp for the one on the right whilst the other two were stamped with ink.

How easy is that? 
We are so quick sometimes to buy new papers to play with - I am one of those people.
Why not sit back next time you see something you like, you may be able to forge it!!!
Don't forget to link up if you do.

8 comments:

  1. Wow Lesley they are fabulous, loving what you did with the bags. I also 'created' an alpha using publisher, the counterfeit element is such fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fantastic, easy and professional! Thanks so much for contributing to the tut post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it - and generous of you to share - thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Genius forgery of the valentine! Thx for sharing :~)
    Love that you did the PL cards - really great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. amazing! I'm one of those people too! But you show us that it really is easy and the results are fantastic. Do you have a wide format printer?

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are so gorgeous - I'm going to have a go at some of those journaling cards for sure, brilliant idea! :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me some love!