Wednesday 5 February 2014

LOAD214/5 - Old v New

Myth or reality:
you have to use new products when you scrapbook
Oh I have so much "old" stock in my stash that I really didn't know where to start.
I keep telling myself that I really should use something old every time I scrap but then I forget and go for the yummy new stuff!!
So, what did I find in my stash and how old would it turn out to be?

Well I found some really awful papers that I really will have to get rid of and LOTS of other bits and bobs that really need a good sort out.
I'm a bit of a hoarder and can't bear to get rid but my room is bulging at the seems and this LOAD challenge maybe just the boost that I needed.

The "old" that I have used on my layout (Making Memories Glitter Pieces) are at least 4 years old, I think, as they have been in a drawer that mostly remains closed!
I made my choice as they go really well with my Counterfeit Kit for this month
 "For the Love of Paper"

I also followed a sketch from SJCrafts
and came up with this little number using a bad photo that my Mum took on Boxing Day 2013
It is the only photo we have of the 3 of us over the Christmas period!

What is the oldest thing you will use today?

9 comments:

  1. Love the layout and thats not a bad photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That photo's not so bad ... love the stripy bracket things and the spotty book-plate and the Family veneer(?).
    The oldest thing I've used today is my brain ... not been able to craft thanks to work. My recent rub-on disasters mean that my rub-ons are old ... probably 6 years ... though some of the better quality ones (Making Memories) do still work fine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great layout!! Love that you used up your stash!!! And I agree - not a bad picture!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I can't bear to get rid of old things, but when I gut papers I do sometimes use those truly awful background papers to attach the papers too when they need a bit of strength. I actually have some of the original papermania 12 x 12 pack that my hubby bought me when I started scrapping in 2005! Mmmm there's a challenge having a go at that. Loving the photo and loving the sketch - you seem to know where are the great sketch challenges are!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great layout! I don't think that the photo is that bad at all! The oldest thing I am using today are some gems which I have had since I started scrapping 7 years ago!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely fresh clean design - the b/w photo looks fab agains these colours and you've really made your old and new embellishments work together so well - and you've reminded me that I have some of those black glittery frames that I missed when I was putting my CK together! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. ps forgot to say that I love your take on Jennifer's sketch - it's wonderful how they all turn out so differently from the same sketch - lovely to have you join us at SJ Crafts this month :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great page - love the soft colours with the pops of black! Thanks for joining in with our challenge this month! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your page looks lovely Lesley, I really like how you can see the background paper through lots of the details, very clever! Thanks so much for joining in with the SJ Crafts challenge! x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me some love!