Tuesday 13 May 2014

Pippy Love


Scrap and Play have their first challenge up and with LOAD well under way
too, I was in need a bit of something to get me going.
This sketch was perfect.
The LOAD prompt was "Puppy Love" and asked us to scrap about something that we loved 
when we were growing up.
I changed my title to "Pippy Love"
and the journalling reads (hankies at the ready!)...

"There was Billie Beans and Mouse, Rabbit and so many others that I loved and cherished. However, there was one that got away - Pippy Long Stockings was one of my favourites until she vanished. Our Primary School was holding a Blue Peter Bring & Buy sale and as I walked through the school gates to see what I could buy with MY pocket money, another young girl had just done the same - she was walking out with MY Pippy Long Stockings. My Mum had given her away. My husband says I’m a hoarder and I think this is the reason why - my Mum gave everything away, my first ring, my Brownie Uniform with all my badges and all those sentimental other things that I wish I had now. I vowed I would never give anything away that held sentimental value which is why our loft is full of
teddies. clothes, bikes etc etc etc.
I found out recently that Mum does keep ALL my handmade cards - knowing what she has always been like, this news brought a lump to my throat.
Imogen will probably curse me in years to come when she has to sort through all those things that I have kept although she is a bit of a hoarder too so I think she will understand!!! "

What did you love when you were growing up?
Are you a hoarder?


7 comments:

  1. Ah that's a fabulous layout and love the journalling, I loved my red pram and my weeble house when I grew up, never did forgive my Mum for giving my weeble house away LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome layout and your journaling is fantastic!!! Thanks so much for joining us at Scrap & Play!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the colors on the page!!! fun banner!!! thanks sooo much for playing along with Scrap & Play!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous sentiments behind your layout. I have a Raggedy Ann that I won't part with.Your page looks super.I really like your pennant.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful page! Love your heart embossed paper strip - it delicately links your title & journalling into your design - very clever & oh-so-pretty! Thanks for joining us at Scrap & Play!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute - great use of arrows/triangles for effect.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a hoarder and especially for all those memory bits and pieces. I have what I call memory boxes from my pre-scrapbook days. I need to go through them all as when I dipped into one, there were all sorts of bits and pieces that I had no idea who the person was, when I was there or why it was important to me!!! Scary. Things have to go...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me some love!