Friday 2 May 2014

Fruity!!!

Last week saw me joining in with
 for the first time with the theme "transport"
and what a warm and welcoming response I got for my "feet" photograph.

This week, the theme is "fruit".
Not being a big fruit lover (I'm more of a veggie girl if I'm honest)
I don't really buy or eat a lot of fruit.
Now my favourite fruit is avocado and I therefore loved every minute of our tour around NZ a few years ago
as, over there, especially on the north island, it is found in abundance and cheaply bought at the roadside.

I find that living in a not very hot country we either pay through the nose for imported exotic fruit
or just suffer the same old basic and boring fruits.

On a Friday morning at my "weigh in", everybody take s a piece of fruit and the winner
of  "Slimmer of the Week" takes home the goodies.
I snapped a shot of said basket this morning...
...full to the brim with "boring" fruit however, I must be grateful for
any fruit as there are so many who have none.


6 comments:

  1. I am like you, do not eat a lot of fruit even I like them, I think I am lazy, you know some fruits really need work to get to it, LOL! Anyway, I am so glad you are able to join us again with your lovely fruit basket shot, thanks once again for sharing with us at Our Beautiful World!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love love love fruit - but sometimes need something a bit more exciting. I love avocado unfortunately on weight watchers one avocado pear is 9 points - sigh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a great potpourri of fruits and such a kind idea. Lucky winner!!
    Thanks for sharing this at "Our Beautiful World"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lesley .. So glad you joined us again this week with a great photo of the winners 'take home' ... I'd prefer chocolate but there we are ... Lol! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Our Beautiful World!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lesley and thanks for sharing your slimmer of the weeks basket of fruit...that's a cool idea to encourage one to eat more fruit..I'm afraid I need to eat more but often think of them as boring too. Must say that I too love avocado but they're not cheap here either. Glad you played along with us at OBW, have a great week cheers Robyn

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me some love!