Monday 24 March 2014

Simple Texture!

Welcome to stop#6 on the
March Counterfeit Kit Blog Hop.
Elaine, our Guest Designer for the month of March was Stop#5 
and I'm sure she will have wowed AND put me to shame!
I decided to join in with 
Challenge#3 - Adding Texture to Your Background
There are many ways to add texture to a layout and I've chosen a very simple one.
Using a strip of paper, randomly folded and pinned.
 There are of course other parts to my layout that create texture and height including the flair,
the gems and the buttons...
I did want to get my gesso out but as I only had about a month's notice I just didn't get round to it.
(Hangs head in shame and makes a mental note "must do better")
Stephanie is Stop#7 so keep hopping and being inspired.
Don't forget that YOU can join in with our hop next month.
 Email us at counterfeitkitchallenge@yahoo.com by the 18th of next month to let us know and remember that you can join in with the hop using any of April's challenges which go live on the 4th, 12th and 16th of next month


13 comments:

  1. Lift that head and stop being silly.. this LO is AWESOME! I LOVE that folded banner.. coming to a LO near you soon I fear! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous layout, love how you've used the pin, I've got some of those and have still to use them on a layout thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha ... I think you had one or two other thngs on your mind this month so we'll let you off! Great page and I love that pin through the pleated paper ... I have a few of those myself! Weren't you a cutie-pie - love that grin!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous page and there's no shame in being busy.You were a cute kid.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful layout, love how you used the pin :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute layout and I just love the texture idea for this layout :) Love that you used the 3 X 4's too

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so pretty, I LOVE that folded strip of paper!! What a fun touch.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how you wrote this-my visual of you feeling shameful has me cracking up! Love the layout and all the textures-I would try the paper fold but mine would probably come out crooked!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beaitiful layout, such an awesome aide to use the pin with the folded paper.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You made a wonderful page- it doesn't need the gesso at all!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I know what you mean! I always have such good ideas for challenges but who knew that a month has 31 days?!?!? Never fails to catch me out! You did great here though - love the paper with the pin and the other texture too. I really like that technique and forget it often. Thanks for the reminder

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful page - love the idea of the pinned paper ruffle, will definitely be pinching that! Know what you mean about the time thing ... :o)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a FAB idea - I never know what to do with those stickpins but I do love them so!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me some love!