Saturday 4 May 2013

Go For It (Again)


Yesterday I made the decision to apply to become a DT member on the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog.

My kit "Go For It" was counterfeited from "Forecast" the April Kit from Cocoa Daisy.
I named it "Go For It" because that is EXACTLY what I'm doing by applying to CKCB.

Forecast
Go For It

Today is National Scrapbooking Day and there are  loads of challenges being set all over the world to celebrate.

Well the second part of my application to CKCB is

Create a challenge, make a project for that challenge

falls perfectly (don't you think?) to join in with challenge setting. 
I must admit, I came up with a few ideas before settling on this one.

I've been scrapbooking for about 5 years now and, once in a while, I will look at an old layout and think "OMG, did I really make that?"
Well, I suppose, I was a beginner, the supplies were fewer, I shopped at Hobbycraft and I used the freebies out of the earlier scrapbook magazines.

So, I have set myself the following challenge...

Go to my first ever scrapbook layout and recreate it using my "Go For It" kit

Will you join me and show me yours? 

You could scraplift it or just competely rip it apart (not literally) and start again.

So, go on, join me and GO FOR IT...

 I don't really want to show you my first layout but I suppose that is the whole idea of this challenge, to see if I have progressed!!!
I certainly hope I have!

So, I know my first scrapbook album was from our holiday to Vancouver this time 5 years ago. I'm not sure which page was my first so I've just chosen one from the album.


Look at all those lovely cut out pieces from the magazine freebies!!!
I didn't even have a story on this page.I know one person who is telling me off right now!


 
So here's my new take on one of my first ever pages. I've stamped with paints, made my own elements and told the story of how DD always chooses "blue" even though it, more often than not, makes her feels sick!!
  In years to come when DD inherits all my albums and (hopefully) looks through them, she will recall the time when blue was indeed blue!!!

So, do you think I've improved in 5 years?
Will you join me in my challenge to recreate your first scrapbook page ?
 I would love to see it if you do...


  

5 comments:

  1. Brilliant idea Lesley.your original was still pretty good! You have progressed a lot over the years no doubt about it, all that lovely stash. Though this page doesn't have a lot on it there is so much movement and texture. Thanks for coming on the journey with me. Good luck with the dt team u definately deserve it. Xxx
    ,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also if I remember correctly you got this published in a magazine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the new take on the page ... amazing how far you've come!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent job creating your own challenge! Although the original page was so adorable, I do love the re-do!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me some love!