Monday 12 January 2015

Recycling Books?


I can't quite believe that this is my first layout of 2015.
I even went to a crop last weekend but didn't scrap.

To be honest, I only JUST pulled this one out of the bag too.
You see, my house looks like a craft shop at present.
Every downstairs room has a stack of items to sell.
Luckily for me, my family are very understanding and despite
walking into it and knocking it over, they seldom "tut"!

Anyway, CH#2 on the Counterfeit Kit blog is to create a project using an old book/newspaper/magazine page.

Recently I have been creating folded books
and in the process raising money for The Child to go to Nepal with
her Fire Cadet group in November.
They are heading over there to build a school for the children in the mountains.

I also sell patterns for you to fold your own book so you can honestly say that you handmade a gift for someone special.

But, this is obviously not scrapbook related (although I suppose it is a project)
so I got my thinking cap on, took a look on Pinterest and found some origami ideas...
 I think the butterfly is a little too big so I used the clever little heart bookmark
and created....


Tutorials for the butterfly and heart can be found HERE and HERE

How will you use a book page(s) on your project?
Do you agree with altering books or should books just be used as reading material?

Make sure you link up so we can all see your creations.


9 comments:

  1. Ack! Very tricky question to ask a librarian lol I like to use random old book pages from ephemera packs on my pages, but I'm not sure if I could fold up all those pages. I think it looks fantastic, though. I really admire the look and if you are raising money with your beautiful sculptures even better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are just so darned resourceful.great idea. Lovely layout.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute little bookmark, great way to use it too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oo fab! I love the origami heart!

    ReplyDelete
  5. that makes a fabulous photo corner, brilliant idea, and that folded book - wowzers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. a super layout and i love to see that you incorporated your love of book folding in it x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic work Lesley! Love your layout and the cute folded heart

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very clever girl! Love the folded books - when I see how many are in the resale shops it just makes me happy to know they are being used. I'm too picky to use the embelli, though, lol! I would have to find a page that said something special for my page, and then I would have to figure out a way to fold it up so that it would show... I drive myself crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous layout!! Love what you did with the book pages!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me some love!