Sunday 4 January 2015

Forgeries on the Fourth


On Thursday I promised I would be back with my Counterfeit Kit forgeries.

Remember these bits in the kit...



well here is how I created mine...

My little machine helped me to cut my words from some gold card stock...
(not the best photo!)


...before I hunted for a different bit of stash that I just knew was hanging around somewhere.
A friend, quite sometime ago, gave me a very thin sheet of "wood"...


At the time I did't know what to do with it but knew it would be useful at some point of my crafty life.

Armed with some punches, stamps, ink and rub ons, I set to work to create my wooden
shapes...


...and I love how they have turned out.


The epherema was a bit more difficult but google images, stamps and a pair of scissors
sorted that out however as I've been busy doing this....


...for The Child's birthday today, I haven't had time to take the photos.
I promise to be back tomorrow with those.

Now what are you waiting for, get forging!!!

12 comments:

  1. Love the wooden shapes. Perfect forging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, aren't you just multi-talented!

    ReplyDelete
  3. fabulous piece of wood, and shapes. The cake looks so very pretty, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've got a fabulously creative mind

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great forging, Lesley! I look forward to seeing them on your pages too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the wooden shapes - very creative! Imogen's cake is fab - hope she had a lovely birthday x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great wooden shapes and that cake is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I must invest in a die cutter - these look awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I did the same for the gold words and yes, they are wonderful aren't they?!? the stamping on the veneer shapes - something I'd be nervous of trying! And I think we can all forgive you as you have been reallllllly busy creating gorgeous cakes by the look of it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your forgeries are fantastic but that cake … WOW! I want a piece :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What is it about gold that it doesn't photograph well? :(
    (Had that same problem with my Challenge #3 photos...)
    ADORE the wood! And lucky me - I have some of that thin veneer to play with!
    Thanks for the inspiration, and Happy Birthday, Child! FAB cake, Lesley :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVELY!! Amazing cake!! Happy Birthday to your daughter!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me some love!