Thursday 4 August 2016

Did You Guess...?

...and did you get it right?

In my Counterfeit Kit reveal post on Monday, I asked you to guess
how many forgeries there were in my kit.

Before I reveal the answer and if you want to guess,
why not nip back and have a look HERE

So which of these did I forge?

Here is my first forgery. 

This was created using vinyl which I cut out on my trusty machine 
and stuck onto plain kraft card stock
Next up and again I just die cut some stars 
(hearts or circles or anything could be used instead)
and placed on my 12x12 kraft.
I haven't stuck them down yet though as I may want a different shape!
 My next attempt (and my least favourite)
was using a stencil and a black pen...

I think I'll be turning that one over to just use the white on the other side!

One I didn't show in my kit was this one...
simply don with an old rub on set that I found whilst hunting for something else!

The next forgery was the map and Spanish words.
I knew that I had ordered photos of my recent trip to Barcelona
and I would be scrapping them using this kit
so what better than to make my own ephemera to suit!
The map is adapted from a Silhouette file I bought and the words
were created and cut to suit a layout I know I will be scrapping!
For those of you with trusty machines, I don't know about you but 
I love to cut around my shapes using the offset as I think it gives the final look
a bit more depth.
If you don't have a trusty machine, why not play around with your fonts
in Word and cut out by hand?

My final forgery is the bag and I will try to explain how I made mine
using a piece of sample wallpaper from the DIY store!



 (Did you spot my numbering mistake?)

The answer? 6 forgeries but probably only 5 that you could see!

So there we go, simple ways to forge some of those kit items.
Will you have a go?
Link Up if you do!







5 comments:

  1. Such a great idea to use a template with a pen for black and white paper! You didn't like it a lot, but it's my absolute favorite and I will copy you right away! That's just brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great forgeries and super inspiring! And the gift bag was made from wallpaper?! that's JUST amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great forgeries and super inspiring! And the gift bag was made from wallpaper?! that's JUST amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved the stenciled one, along with Isbaha! Maybe you could cut out strips to use? You did a FAB job this month with the forgeries, my clever friend :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well I guessed five but I was wrong on the breakdown! The bag is nice and of course great minds think alike! Any you know that I love those die cut elements he he but the papers are truly inspired. They are all fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me some love!