Saturday 16 July 2016

Puzzled


Challenge #3 over on the Counterfeit Kit Blog is to be inspired by puzzles.

I had a lightbulb moment and decided to create my own puzzle and found a website to help.

Using Puzzle Maker I created a crossword to use as my journalling on my layout.
This is what the website generated...


Can you see my problem?
No matter what I did, I just couldn't get the words numbered correctly to make any sense.

Plan B (and not how I wanted it to look), I used my trusty Cameo to print and cut
the words so I could arrange them in the correct order to create a
word search style effect and here is the outcome...













































BUT...

I wasn't totally happy with the fact that my layout wasn't very "puzzly" 
so I found some printable crossword paper, cut a few shapes and added them to the layout to
create that more "puzzly" look...



































How will you create that "puzzly" look?

Don't forget to link up so us Master Forgers can pop by and take a look.

5 comments:

  1. Glad you got there in the end - it looks great and such a sweet photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thx for the link for the puzzles. I think you saved it quite nicely! Fun exploring your page - visually pleasing (as usual :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your solution to the puzzle problem - I'd like to try this technique sometimes. It adds a little more fun to the journaling and it's nice to try something new every now and then. Cute page!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I really like this idea

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the puzzle solution. I have to admit to trying to read the journalling in your original puzzle! Your pages are always so creative and interesting and well designed - gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me some love!