So for the past two years I have played along with Maria's
Summertime Photography Scavenger Hunt
and this year is no exception.
On holiday in Budapest with list in hand,
I managed 18 out of the 21 listed and so 2 are from the substitute list with just one proper fail!
1. A bouquet of flowers
Beautifully handmade ceramics bunch of flowers found outside a fabulous shop
2. An ornate door knocker
3. A person walking a dog (or other animal)
Couldn't resist this street vendor walking his wooden dog!
4. People playing a board game or card game
Although we had walked past a park where two kids were playing giant chess, my brain failed to register its significance!
5. Architectural columns
6. A metal bridge
Can't get more metal than the Szabadsag Hid (Liberty Bridge)
7. A turtle
I thought this one would be the needle in a haystack so imagine my surprise when this little fella swam to the top of the pond in the Japanese Garden on Margaret Island...
...my inner happy yelp when I spotted this little lot sunbathing!
8. Someone "plugged in" to social media
DD won't thank me for putting this picture up!
9. A tent
Maybe cheating slightly but the listed didn't say the tent had to be erected!
10. A college or university
Budapest Science College
11. A cellular tower or television satellite dish
12. A public restroom, bathroom, or toilet
Oh how I got some weird looks taking this photo!
13. A merry-go-round or carousel
In the loose sense of the word "carousel"
14. A traffic signal
15. A flag pole with at least three flags on it
On the front of one of the many river boats that cruise up and down the Danube
16. A panoramic view, taken while standing someplace high in the air
A beautiful view from high up at the Citadel
17. At least two people wearing matching outfits or uniforms
It was great to catch these guys doing their "thing" up at the National Museum
18. An overloaded truck, car, bicycle or other vehicle
I was going to use this as my overloaded vehicle but didn't think I'd get away with that one!
19. A ticket booth
The ornate hall looking toward the ticket booth at the Szechenyi Baths
20. A natural body of water
The River Danube
21. A photograph of you with a sign reading "2015 Summertime Photography Scavenger Hunt". Note: you may not use a substitute for this item.
So I failed on 3 but only got two subs...
Alternative A: People eating outside
Just had to use this one of hubby acting the fool!
Alternative B: Someone holding an umbrella
Lucky for me, we had one half hour rain downpour in 7 days when I captured this fab brolly.
Not a bad collection of pics to start me off this year.
As always I will do my "home hunt" too and will be back to share those at the end of the hunt.