Thursday 24 October 2013

Ring Bling


It's Counterfeit Kit Blog Hop time again and I am sure Lisa and Valerie have already made you squeal with their wonderful creations. The challenge this month was to be inspired by jewellery.
About 10 years ago, Mum bought me and my sister a Clogau Gold Tree of Life ring each and it hasn't been off my finger since. 
Over the years so many people have commented on how beautiful it is and maybe one day I'll actually scrap the story of the ring but today I am using the design to inspire my layout.
"Inspired by the story of the great Tree of Life, this ring features a beautiful intertwining filigree design. Incorporating wild vines, leaves and berries the Tree of Life ring symbolises the natural beauty and evolution of all life."

Instead of leaves, I have intertwined the hearts around our photo...
...added a few gems, mini hearts...
...and the journalling along the twine reads
"I am always grateful when we are smiling together"

Want more inspiration? 
Bridget is next on the hop list before finally landing with Jemma.
Thank you for hopping by today - maybe next month you too could join in with our hop - watch out for the post on the 4th of the month...

13 comments:

  1. Another fab page - and a gorgeous ring to take inspiration from. Love the blinged-up slide-circle-thingy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a wonderful interpretation of your beautiful ring! the curly twine and hearts running around your family are really sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the fun flow of your page - great use of the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow love your inspiration. your layout says, it all great job

    ReplyDelete
  5. great to see that you were inspired by the "intertwining"....love the hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. great inspiration and gorgeous layout

    ReplyDelete
  7. ADORE the journaling twining around the page!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm not doing very well getting my comment up. Oh well, lets try again... I was saying how lovely I thought your layout was. A perfect interpretation of your pretty ring with the bling and twine twisting its way across the page. The fluttering hearts are a wonderful touch. A reall lovely page.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very clever layout . I like the way the twine is twirled around the elements.The ring is so pretty too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Smart use of the Polaroid frames. Charming layout.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me some love!