Friday 4 October 2013

Does Your Jewellery Inspire You?


Hopefully your answer will be "yes" and you will join in with our first challenge of the month at the Counterfeit Kit blog.
If your answer is "no" then why not be inspired by a piece of your jewellery 
and join in our blog hop on the 24th. 
You can find all the details are HERE and we'd love to have you.

So, the challenge...

#1: Jewellery Challenge:  Use a piece of YOUR jewellery for inspiration!  
Tell it's story...use it's design...and make sure to show us a photo of your inspiration, too. 

My inspiration actually came from a jewellery receipt.
I have to admit to being a bit of a receipt hoarder - I keep receipts forever and a day when in fact I don't really need them. A few weeks ago I decided to have a good clearout of said unnecessary receipts.
My receipt stash was more than quartered but the oldest one in the box was a receipt for our wedding rings bought on the 19th June 1995 from Argos of all places and only 11 days before we got married.
We didn't have much back then and everything was done on a very tight budget, our wedding cost less that £500 in total, that included outfits, rings, registry office, meal, drinks...
Saying that, we had the best day ever and if I had my time over again, I wouldn't have had it any other way.

18 years later, we are still going strong and wearing those same rings that joined us together.

My layout, aptly named
"Money Isn't Everything" 
tells the story of our £37.94 wedding rings...
I wanted to keep the ring theme going on my page hence all the circles.

Will you put your name down for our hop?

 

7 comments:

  1. great story to tell, and I love how you told it.
    thank you.
    maybe I should scrap the story of our rings one day ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know I was just saying to my friend about those who have had the cheapest weddings, seem to have had the best marrages :) My ring was £16 from Argos too lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny what sparks a memory! I have a horror of clearing out my receipts, although I need to. Creative way to tell this story :~)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this - all those symbollic circles are fantastic and the fact that you still have the receipt is amazing. I actually have a story about my wedding ring that is a bit funny which might be the way I go for my page for the blog hop so thanks for the inspiration. glad to hear that you had the perfect day - ours was a bit more expensive ;-) but it was also perfect! I am very inspired by your page so thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE THIS!!! Our wedding was very inexpensive to. I LOVE the story of our wedding as well and wouldn't have had it any other way either. This is such a brilliant way of telling that very important story. I love the way you depicted the rings in circles.
    This is fantastic!! ~~ Blessings ~~ dawn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Money certainly isn't everything. It is good that you had the receipt to use on this layout.Cool idea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty layout, and I love the story behind it. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me some love!