Saturday 4 May 2013

Phew!!!

As I mentioned in my first post of the day, today is National Scrapbooking Day and Jen over at Wear Crafts is  posting a new challenge/project on the Wear Crafts Facebook Page every hour!!!

I have a little clipboard that I use to keep my receipts in order. I am a bit of a stickler for checking off receipts against my statements every month (well you never know!)

I have been meaning to jazz it up for years so this was a great opportunity to get going!!




Project One - Make a Mini Book

I did as I was told although I did use different papers











Challenge Two - Answer the following

I am reading...Wild by Cheryl Stayed
I am listening to...Absolute 80s

I am watching...computer (if that counts)
I am eating...nothing but I am starving
I am drinking...nothing and again, I am thirsty
I am loving...National Scrapbooking Day
The last time I laughed was when...Imogen fell out of the door!
I would love to learn how to...play the saxophone
I am thankful for...my wonderful life
Then have a think and answer these questions...

Where is the best place to go on a night out with friends? Anywhere is good with friends
Where is the best place to go on a date? Ditto
Where is the best place to go for peace and quiet? Scraproom
Where is the best place to go with your family? Anywhere
Where is the best place to go for inspiration? The internet
Where is the best place to go for a jolly good chat? Crop
Where is the best place to go just to be yourself? Home

Now then, think about the last great time you had? I mean great time... make a memory time... want to remember it forever time... got it? Scribble something quickly...

where? Drive In
when? Two weeks ago
who? Me and my girl
what? Trying to film Imogen catching popcorn in her mouth
why? No idea
how? I threw the popcorn, she tried to catch it in her mouth
I will always remember this because...I laughed so much that my sides hurt, the tears rolled and I was with my girl.

And all the above went into my mini book

Project Two: Layout

I opted out of this one but it's bookmarked for when I have the necessary supplies.

Challenge 3 - Snapshot

Take a snap of the folk you are with right now. Take a snap of the view out of your window.
Take a snap of something in your home or garden that you love (and then journal 'why?')
Take a snap of something you wish you had or somewhere you wish you were right now.

Or.... find a favourite snap and pop it straight onto that layout... print out a favourite snap and put it right into that mini book... or ask someone to take a photo of you... print it out right now and scrap it!
It was easy to choose which photo I wanted to scrap here - I don't print my photos at home due to the amount of ink and the pretty poor quality, so my only option was the one taken of me and my girl at our recent family photoshoot (plus, I'm having a PJ day so one of me, here and now, was completely out of the question! As I hadn't done Project Two, I just started my LO from scratch...




Project 3 - Layout sketch



 
I adore this "Morecambe & Wise" moment photo of Mum and Dad

  Challenge 4 - Pot of Pressure!

The challenge set here was to be inspired by the colours and the items drawn from the "pot of pressure" The 3 items were stamping, brads and zigzags.
I combined this challenge with Project4 above.

Project 4 - Easel-y does it!

So Mrs Thicky didn't get it at first but then Jen popped up to explain.
I don't have the necessary book to join in this challenge but I do have this



which has been sitting on my desk collecting dust for over a year. I've wanted to turn into a desk calendar and Wear Crafts have given me the necessary inspiration and enthusiasm to get cracking. I can't complete it until I have more photos, but January is done, so you get the gist?


That's a start on one Christmas present...

Challenge 5 - Toolbelt Challenge

to use something you haven't used in a while.

So I could've blown the dust off many items today but I didn't want to be found under a heap of dust when my husband came home from work!!!
The one item I have used today that I generally tend to hoard is a bunch of papers (you know the ones with the quotes?) which I used on my mini book. I think the mini book is my favourite item of the day, I just adore it :)

Project 5 - Getting Interactive

Blog post nearly complete and ready to share...


There is just one thing left for me to say

*****THANK YOU*****

Jen @ Wear Crafts for great inspiration, enthusiasm and challenges. I have had a great day as I am sure many other have.

So why not click on my links and take a look for yourself? I promise you won't regret it :)



9 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for taking part... I am really glad you enjoyed crafting with us. If you are ever 'up North' you should pop to our crop and have a real crafty session with the Wear Crafts girls (and boy!). Happy NSD, jenx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for joining in with us all. And you seem to have got the most done! Maybe the wear crafters being in a huddle so not such a good idea. Love all that hou have done but the Morcombe and wise has to be my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have been very busy!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow ! what a an amazing achievement, well done your projects are brilliant.x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What gorgeous projects, you've been so busy :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow you were really busy yesterday! I love your projects.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow you have been busy! Great work as usual :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, wow, you really went for it. Your family photoshoot photos are brilliant and you have scrapped them so well :)

    I love your minibook, the papers, how full it is, super.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me some love!