Thursday 22 March 2012

All Kraft

Morning All (OK, few!)

I should be so busy today but I wanted to finish my layout for Sarah's Card March Challenge first. (Got to get my priorities right)
The theme this month is "work" so I dug out a few old photos of my Navy Days and got cracking.  I used nothing but Kraft card for this LO and made cogs, screws and washers to make it look mechanical.
I have journalled around the edge and this explains my reasons for my title "Man's World". After being refused so many apprenticeships because I was female I was determined to go out there and prove myself. I joined the Royal Navy Fleet Air Arm and became an aircraft engineer on Sea Harrier Jump Jets and certainly did prove myself in a Man's World!!

Thanks for looking x

Man's World


Now then, off to get myself ready for Sarah's Cards retreat....

4 comments:

  1. Fab layout - love how you have just used Kraft for it.

    Just been having a giggle at your photographs from the retreat.

    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous page Lesley. I love the cogs, certainly evoke a man's world feel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an achievement and a fab story to be able to tell! Love how you only used krft and created your own cog embellishments :) Thanks for playing along with us at Sarah's Cards xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the cogs and the misting - really effective!

    Thanks for playing along with our challenge :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me some love!